When do we collect personal information?
Linphone may receive any information from you (username, email address, phone number) when you subscribe to our mailing-list, or create an account on our free SIP service sip.linphone.org or from Linphone’s account assistant.
When you use Linphone, Linphone may also access to the contact list, photos and documents stored in your mobile phone for the purpose to exchange it with your friends.
The data that Linphone use are anonymous, there are used for the proper functionning of Linphone.
By using Linphone, you grant to Linphone the right to have acces and display all media content (e.g. audio & video recordings and text communications) that you upload, send, or otherwise exchange with Linphone, for the only purposes of operating Linphone service.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information that Linphone collect from you when you create your Linphone account is used to make sure that you are a real person and to give you access to our services.
- Name: The Name is optional. We may use it to elaborate a personal email that will be sent to your email address for account activation.
- Phone Number: We use your phone number to send you the validation code that complete your Linphone registration. Your Phone Number is used in Linphone’s smart contact list as well, so that your friend can find you more easily. By entering Phone Numbers, Linphone users can see in their Linphone’s contact list who is using the application.
- Contact list: in Linphone-iOS and Linphone-Android, Linphone automatically imports your contacts’ phone numbers from your phone’s address book.
- Photos and other files : We only access to the files stored on your phone when you send it in text messages with Linphone. Such files are only temporary stored.
- Audio & videos recordings and text messages : we access and temporary store audio and video packets when you make Linphone calls, but we never read or listen your private voice, video, or text content.
- Email address: If you create your Linphone account with your email address, you agree to receive a confirmation email at this email address to activate your account.
How is your information stored and how do we protect it?
Your personal information are transmitted over internet using TLS encryption protocol and are stored on SIP servers in a datacenter operated by OVH. They warrant the security of your information.
We offer the use of a secure server. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, or all type of content that you may upload or send with Linphone (e.g. text conversations, calls, videos, photos; etc.).
How can you access to your information?
You can access to your information by emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Belledonne Communications - Le Trident Bat A - 34 avenue de l'Europe 38100 Grenoble - France
www.belledonne-communications.com - email@example.com