En tête technical corner
- Written in C, works under Linux (and probably any Unix) and Windows
- Implements the RFC 3550 (RTP) with an easy-to-use API with high- and low-level access
- Features an adaptive jitter algorithm that enables a receiver to adapt to the clock rate of the sender and network jitter
- Includes support for multiple profiles, (AV profile (RFC 3551) is the default)
- Supports part of RFC 4733 for telephone events over RTP
- Includes an API to parse and compose RTCP packets, including AVPF RTCP packets
- Features a congestion detector based on an analysis of the packet's arrival time
- Comprises a download capacity estimator that is usable for video streams
oRTP is dual licensed. It can be licensed and distributed:
- Under a GPLv2 license since version 1.0.0 (previous versions are LGPLv2), for free (open source)
- Under a proprietary license, for use in closed source applications. Contact Belledonne Communications for costs and other service information.
oRTP source code is available from our GitLab.
You can find releases of source tar.gz are here.
You can also use Git, read only access:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:BC/public/ortp.git