In this 3.8 release, you will find the following major enhancements:
- fullscreen mode,
- hang up button in the video window,
- wizard for audio/video settings,
- arabic translation,
- support of RTP/AVPF (RFC4585) with VP8 codec: this feature allows transmission error recovery for video, which greatly enhance the video quality over unreliable links,
The liblinphone python wrapper, that leverages on the same liblinphone library as the desktop application has been updated to 3.8 too.
The following features have been added:
- DTLS encryption
- Button to clear the proxy configuration
- More accessibility features for blind people
In Southern Africa, a rural community has gone from isolation to 21st century technology with help from Linphone and Intel Corporation.
We are pleased to announce that Linphone for Windows Phone 8 has been released under open source license.
The last release of Linphone Web includes the following improvements
Lots of changes for this version, brace yourselves
Linphone is getting a full internationalization support, using Transifex platform.
In preparations of Apple's requirement of 64bit support in all iOS app, we enabled the 64 bit support for the Linphone iPhone SDK.
Linphone introduces Python as new programing language to its voip sdk.